Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A 3.0 in Sight?

Now that my mother has fainted just from reading the title, and regained consciousness, I can continue. According to my calculations, with one good final, and one good begging, I will have a 3.0 at the end of this semester for the first time in my illustrious college career. Let me break it down for you.
Organizational Management - Currently I have a solid B. For the final we get to use groups, and our teacher said that a lot of scores will be in the upper 80's to low 90's range. We also have a public relations project due next week to present, but that should be pie as long as our group will finally be able to get together. Final Grade: B
Business and Professional Speaking - As of this point, I am holding on to a 90.35%. With three more things due, here is the outlook. For my persuasive speech, I should be able to at least get the same score as on my informative speech which was 140/150 = 93.33. For the personal portfolio, I will get a 90/90 = 100%. And, for the group case study I should get at least a 80/90. Now, after I apply all of this first year teachers crazy weighting percentages, this will all equal out to a 91.8%. Here is where it could possibly get nasty. On her syllabus she got the bright idea to make an A = 94 and above, a B = 84 and above etc. If I get a 91.8 in the class and do not recieve an A, I will probably be forced to set this teachers house on fire while I sit across the street with a case of beer, some tace bell, and a camera, watching and laughing at the meyham. Moral of the story: this teacher will give me an A.
Entrepreneurship - In the syllabus it said 75% of students get an 80 or above. With the extra credit assignment I just did for 100 pts, and a take home final, I feel confident I will be in that group. Final grade: B
Business Marketing - This class will be tricky to calculate. On a point per point basis I have about an 82% right now. BUT the teacher does not have a normal grading scale. He looks for "groups" of students and assigns grades accordingly. The light at the end of the tunnel: "most of the time in my class, a kid with a 77 or above will get a B." With the final and one project left I fell confident of a Final Grade of a B.
Geography - The easiest class at TCU. Course number 10003. I currently have a D. BUT, this is before I take two make up tests, and turn in some extra credit. I think if I can get in the mid to upper D range, I will be able to talk him into a C.
1 A, 3 B's, and 1 C = 3.0 Not to shabby. Mom, you can put my congratulatory $500 check (or more if you feel that is neccessary) in the mail now. I know we never made an agreement for monetary rewards for this type of thing, but I think under the circumstances one is in order. :)

1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right, I don't recall anything about a congratulatory check. But keep up the good work! Love you, Mom. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home