Monday, April 11, 2005

Are You Freaking Kidding Me?

I came across an interesting article in Newsweek today (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7430664/site/newsweek/) that really made me worry about certain Star Wars fans. Let me explain; I have always been a little skeptical of the Star Wars fans who sit in line for a few days before the opening just to get to see it first. They probably think they are the best fans in the world, braving the ever unpredictable elements that can happen outside your local AMC theatre, but I just think of them as a neusance. Recently this has all been taken to a new level of retardness by a number of fans in Los Angeles. It seems that they have already begun to line up out side of Grauman's Chinese Theatre, when the movie doesn't even come out until May 19th!!! I find it rather funny that this matter bothers me so much, but I have come to realize that anything stupid, anyone does, anywhere really bothers me. This definitely falls under that category.
Now on to the greatest part of this story. According to the article, these people aren't even lining up in the right spot! How great is that you might be asking yourself? Absolutely, fantabulously great!!!

“The Chinese is not available for the window that we needed,” says a spokeswoman for Fox, which is distributing the film. "Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith, will be playing at a newer movie theater about a block away called the ArcLight."

What is even better, is that the fans think FOX is telling a lie, so they aren't moving! Doesn't this story just keep getting better and better? I must say however that I do have a little respect for one of these, um, interesting fans. When Justin Tweitan was asked what he would do if the movie sucked, “I’d voice my complaints pretty loud to Lucas, then I’d probably drink heavily."
Well Justin, if I had nothing better to do with my life than sit in line for a damn Star Wars movie, I would probably be drinking heavily anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home