Sunday, April 24, 2005

Tomorrow is THE Day

I have been talking about this day for quite some time now, but the time has finally arrived. No more excuses. No more avoiding it. No more being too tired. Tomorrow, Monday, April 25th, 2005 is the day I start a normal workout routine again. A workout routine complete with lifting weights, running, and eating healthy (notice eating, I never said drinking). For some time now, I have watched my weight balloon from a healthy 185ish this past summer to a grotesque 205. I can't take it anymore. It is time to get my body back, and I have a feeling it is not going to go down without a fight.
The other night when I was looking at my first drivers license I got when I was 15 1/2, after taking my written test, I noticed something that almost put me in a state of depression. The weight I listed was 160! Are you kidding me? I used to be that little? WOW!
So, here are my getting in shape goals:
  • Get back down to 185-190 weight range
  • Be able to run a 7 minute mile again (without keeling over and being on the verge of death)
  • Get back my somewhat defined six-pack
  • Get rid of my "love handles" (per Heather's request, hehe)
  • Gain at least 20 lbs on my old maxes on bench press, squat, and curl.

There are a few more minor goals that I have, but it all basically boils down to just being able to take my shirt off at the lake this summer and not be completely embarrased. I know this will be hard; as I sit here and type this, my body is already trying to feel too tired to work out tomorrow, and I have just completed eating around a $5 order from Taco Bell.

There is one predicament I find myself in however. Most of the time when I do well in something, I will reward myself with a night out. I will absolutely refuse to start drinking woman beers such as Aspen edge, Michlobe Ultra, etc. To combat this I will just have to keep myself in check and not make late night trips to Taco Bell, and/or Whataburger. I feel this might actually be the hardest part of my new regiment.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I start this new, and extremely difficult, chapter in my life. I will need all the help I can get.

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, I will aid you in this weight loss quest by joining you in the rec center...I am also about 12 lbs overweight and it makes me sick (you make me sick, not my 12 lbs of excess weight). But nonetheless, in a selfless act of friendship, I will labor in the gym with you.

Jeff

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby, you don't have "love handles" and if you did I would want you to keep them. :) You're prefect the way you are.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

MMMMM I WANNA BITE YOUR LOVE HANDLES

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Bob does remember those days as he, as well as you, is trying to get back to his previous weight. It wouldn't hurt me to exercise more, also. We are thinking of you. Good Luck! Mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home