Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Tuesday Cheers and Jeers

Hello one, hello all. It is time once again for this weeks addition of Cheers and Jeers. So, sit back, relax, and just enjoy the ride.
  • Cheers to the NBA playoffs - This year there are a lot of good matchups and a couple of good upset oppertunities.
  • Jeers to the Dallas Mavericks losing their first two games - Playing a tough Houston squad with Tracy McGrady will be tough to overcome...good luck with that.
  • Cheers to it being almost the end of school - Do I really need to explain why this is a cheers?
  • Jeers to finals - Oh, wait... I only have one final this year. I guess this is a cheers for me, but a jeers for everyone else. Ha ha, sucks to be everyone else.
  • Cheers to lowering my insurance - I will be saving about $100 a month by switching from Progressive to Esurance.
  • Jeers to gas prices - Even though they have lowered to $2.09 a gallon, that is still approximately $1.09 to high.
  • Cheers to me getting back in shape again
  • Jeers to that actually involving physical activity - I have noticed it is harder for a person to get motivated to get in shape, rather than stay in shape.
  • Cheers to Budweiser Select - A great alternative to Bud Light
  • Jeers to Budweiser coming out with an energy drink - In case nobody else at Budweiser noticed; beer is a "downer", caffeine and other energry drink ingredients are "uppers". I would think the effect would be that the downer and upper would cancel each other out. If this is the case, I am not going to pay $5.49 for a six pack when I can just drink water and get the same effect.
  • Cheers to my job - They allow me to come and go as I please, AND we have an onsite chef for free lunch. Not much is going to top that.
  • Jeers to the stupid "fashion merchandising" majors on the TCU campus - They are all women. They all think they know business. They are all blonde. They are all in a sorority. They all have a 4.0, and think they are smarter than you because of it. They all suck.

Announcer, "Well there you have it ladies and gents. Stay tuned for another rousing round of Cheers and Jeers next week."

(Applaud light comes on over the audience)

Audience - Loud cheers, and "hoots and hollers" can be heard as the closing credits roll.

Go to commercial break.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

1 final? jerk. by the way, I'm having a party after finals..sometime the weekend of the 13th I believe, at my parents house. It's going to be called "BOMB" party, for 'bring your own meat, B.' You bring whatever you want to grill (considering you're in our family yours would be supplied) and we'll be drinking, swimming, getting sun, and grilling. I'll keep you updated.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

yes, I am a jerk. yes, i will attend your shindig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home