Wednesday, June 29, 2005

4th of July Cheers

This is the 4th of July installment of Cheers and Jeers, but instead of worrying about jeers, we are going to focus on just the Cheers. At a time when America celebrates its independence, I would like to take a look at a few other things we tend to celebrate.
  • The end of the week - Every Friday is a great day to celebrate. After a long week of working, school, or whatever else you are into, a Friday night cannot come soon enough.
  • A good grade on a test - After spending countless hours studying away while all your friends are surely out having a good time, there is no other option than that of a good night out after recieving a good grade. Note: Quizzes also fall into this category, just because it is another reason to celebrate
  • A nice day - There are planty of ways to celebrate the occurance of a nice day. Go on a walk, play some outdoor sports, go to the lake. And for triple the pleasure: a nice day, at the end of the week, after you have done well on a test! Yep, that is almost like the holy trinity.
  • A hometown team winning a championship - I have never witnessed this outside of high school, since the Royals are perrinial losers, and the Chiefs and Mavericks always seem to choke come payoff time. Someday I will be around for this, and believe me there will be a big celebration.
  • Payday - It seems that pretty much everyone I have ever come into contact with celebrates payday by either going out to eat, shopping, a night on the town, or whatever else thay can spend money on.
These are just a few of the items I tend to celebrate, or notice other people celebrating. There is nothing better than a good celebration.

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I have a test tomorrow, get a holiday weekend, and I bet the weather will be nice! Just have to hope I do well on the test.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Tayyyyyylor said...

heyo. yah, i want my ear pierced really bad. but dad says i cant do it tell i move out. every 1 thinks it looks good. and i must say, those magnets HAVE to hurt more than the real thing. After about an hour of wearing the magnet one, it makes your whole ear sting. ttyl
taylor

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger jiri said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Richpoo said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about sports book

 

Post a Comment

<< Home