Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Cheers and Jeers

Yes, it is Tuesday. And yes, I am doing Cheers and Jeers again. Sorry it has been a while since I have done this but things have been kind of hectic lately with moving and all. Before I move on to what you all really want to read, I will catch you up on everything. I now live in Norman, Ok as most of you know. Things are finally starting to get settled down. All my stuff is unpacked, and my bed is finally made. Now, I just have to find a job. I have been looking, but lets be honest, the job market in Norman is not exactly thriving. This past weekend I went to the lake. The weather was not the best, but tubing was a blast. Jeff and I seriously put each other through some pain on the tube since we both took each other about 40+ mph. It was crazy. I am still looking for a place to live for the school year, but there are some pretty nice one room places that I am giving serious thought too.

Anyway, here is what you all have been waiting for:
  • Cheers to me finally getting moved - I have done the math, and after I get settled into my own apartment by the end of the summer, I will have moved a total of 8 times since the beginning of my senior year in high school. That is entirely too much.
  • Jeers to Michael Jackson being found innocent - I realize I will probably go straight to hell for thinking he is guilty but oh well. I do think he is a great musical artist, but he is just a sick person.
  • Cheers to my last weekend in Ft. Worth - at least living there. It was really enjoyable, and was a lot of fun going out with Michael and Jeff one last time. I am sure though that there will still be plenty of good stories to come from there in the future.
  • Jeers to job hunting - it just sucks.
  • Cheers to XM Radio - it is pretty cool the whole "no commercial" thing, and it is pretty reasonably priced. The only thing I don't like is the country stations. I never thought I would be complaining about a lack of country music selection, but hey, I did live in Texas for 3 years.
  • Jeers to OU vs. TCU for the first football game of the year - I just don't know who to root for. Of course I will probably root for TCU because I am not that big of an OU football fan. BUT, if I do root for TCU I will probably have to hide out in my room and do it quietly for fear of getting hanged in the town square.
  • Cheers to summer - it is always a good time of year, no complaints from me.
  • Jeers to money - it is definitely cool when you have it, but when you don't it sucks. Currently I don't have any, therefore it sucks.

Well that is it for now folks. Nothing else to see here. Please return quietly and in an orderly manner to your homes.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I might personally abduct MJ and put him in my own home made jail.

If you cheer for TCU, yes, you had better hide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home