Sunday, June 05, 2005

My Last Weekend In Fort Worth

It is somewhat bittersweet that this will be my last weekend living in fort Worth before moving up to Oklahoma. Fiday night was a very enjoyable night out at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar. I have written about that bar before, but I will say again that I highly reccomend the place. The only downside is the price. It is a little expensive, but if you can get an extra paycheck it is deffinitely worth the price.

Looking back on my three years living in Texas there are so many great memories. I guess the song put it best - "Here's to the nights I can't remember, and the friends I will never forget." Here is a rather short listing of some of my fondest memories while attending TCU:
  • The rush parties freshamn year - Now I am glad I didn't rush because I am finding fraternities to be rather homosexual, but I am glad that I went to the parties. They led to a lot of extrememly intoxicated nights walking around the TCU campus.
  • My Super Bowl party in the dorm - By noon we had went through 2 cases of beer between 3 guys and 2 girls. Needless to say I don't even remember who played in that Super Bowl. To top the night off though, I was the one who got caught with all the alcohol in the room. My hall supervisor actually believed that I was the one who drank over 100 beers. I took one for the team that day with my alcohol write-up, and I never got the thanks I deserved.
  • Dorm violations - This covers a broad spectrum of events. 3 alcohol violations that led to me having to attend AA classes. 1 anger management violation. 2 girls in after hours violations. Numerous noise violations. One police seargent calling my room for asking for me (that was just funny). Hmmm. At one point the dorm director said I was one of the worst freshman he had come in counter with. Awesome.
  • Learning to C-Walk - I am not sure I have it down yet, but I am damn close.
  • Pretty much every party we had in apartment 1007 - There would always be a good story to come out of those parties. From all the drinking games, to the electric cart we stole from the grocery store, to the blowup doll whore who gave us all lapdances. Fun times. Hell to clean up the next day, but fun times.
  • Going to jail - Normally most people would not call this a fond memory, but I consider it more of a learning experience. Going to the downtown jail, the having to get "transfered" to the state pen. I am in jail for not paying a ticket for running a red light, and I am surrounded by wife beaters, drug dealers, a rapist, and a murder. It was an interesting 13 hours. I gave a huge black guy my chicken and cornbread in exchange for his milk. If anything would have went down, he would have had my back.
  • Ford golfing - there is a clearing by a Ford dealership. We had a lot of extra balls. Points for lading in a truck bed, breaking a window, denting a car, etc. I need not say more.
  • The Hawain hula party and pig roast with the swim team - for the record, I look real good in a grass skirt and coconut shells.
  • The Pub - I could have an entire post dedicated to the Pub. I honestly think I have spent about the same amount of money there as I have on my tuition. So many memories. Playing pool in the back. The required Bon Jovi and Michael Jackson coming out of the jukebox. My personal record of money spent at a bar in one night of $300, and much much more. But most of all Dave. The owner of that fine establishment called the Pub. Always there for you. Actually knew your name and favorite drink.
  • Poker nights at the house - Some money won, some money lost. Most of the time a good night, and regular dumbass comments coming out of Adam's mouth.
  • Bar hopping with my mom - 'nuff said.
  • Taking my freshman in highschool sister to a halloween party - again, 'nuff said.
  • Jaclyn's naughty or nice XXXmas parties - Always a good time, but I think I pretty much took the costume cake this year with my christmans thong. You all can have sweet dreams at night now with that image in your mind.
There really are so many more events that I could write about, but I will just leave it at the short list above. Luckily when I move I will only be a few hours away, so weekend trips won't be hard to do.

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

C-WALK! C-WALK! C-WALK (in a chanting manner.)

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok,I have a philosophy. Don't ask because you may not like the answer. Also, don't read your son's blog sight. I can't believe what I just learned. :) Mom.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home