Thursday, June 16, 2005

The U.S. Open

The U.S. Open started today. And for those of you who don't know, the U.S. Open is considered by many to be the most prestigous golf major championship. After the first round, Phil Mickelson is -1, and two shots behind the leader. I really hope he wins. I don't know, but I always find myself rooting for Phil. There are some other golfers I am a fan of, yet for the major championships, I have to root for Phil.
Yet more importantly than Phil winning, is Tiger Woods losing. I know Tiger won the first major of the year, and is always a betting favorite to win any tournament he is in, but I really can't stand him anymore. He sucks. He always wines, and bitches, and moans, and blames the fans for any bad shot he hits. Seriously, I wine and bitch and moan a lot of times when I play golf.....but I am not getting paid to play. If you have a bad round, just say, "I sucked a fat one today, period." There is no need to say that a fan breathing made you hit a terrible tee shot. Or that a fan drinking his coke made you blow a three foot put. Or that the sun reflecting off the tall oak tree made you choose the wrong club out of your bag. Just play the damn game, and act like you enjoy the millions of dollars you are making.
Go Phil.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

GO PHIL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home