Monday, July 25, 2005

Missouri - I, or Missour - AH???

I am back home now from a wonderful weekend trip home. It was a short trip due to my monetary situation, yet we made the most of it and I had a wonderful time. Here is a short recap:
  • Thursday night we went oout to eat with my family, then went over to Nick's house. I must say that the duplex they are living in is a nice place, and a good deal for the price they are paying. We just sat in the garage and drank a lot, but it was nice.....very humid, but nice. By far the highlight of the evening was Nick's crazy drunk old neighbor, who was there playing with his night vision goggles that he bought, saying he remembers the days of when he was in the Marines. It was great to see Nick again, and now that I don't live wuite so far away, I think it will be easy to pester his ass into coming to see me.
  • Friday was a pretty easy-laid back day. We waited until evening when it cooled off, then went down to the plaza. First we went to O'Dowds but it was too damn smokey, so we headed off to McKormick and Schmicks. It was a nice time just sitting at the bar talking with Heather for quite some time. I must say the only thing I didn't like was the $4 Bud Lights. That is just no damn good. I do think though that after talking to our bartenders, we figured out that men can tell if women are bitches by how they order drinks. Ladies, keep that in mind. More on that sibject at a later date. We ended up the evening with Stu at Granfaloon. It was Heather's first time to meet Stu, and the first time I had seen him in a long while. Good evening.
  • Saturday was just one big busy mess. I went and saw one set of grandparents and got some information about going camping at this place called Johnson's Shut In's in Missouri (I will get some pictures up for that later). We plan on going sometime probably next summer. Then I headed off to my other grandparents house for dinner, which I say I think I am still full from. Menu: Friend chicken, Mashed potatoes and gravy, cucumber salad, rolls, jello salad, homemade brownies and ice cream. MMMMMMM. Then from there is was off to my sister Haley's 8th birthday party. I will write about that when I get the pictures up. We ended up the night with Dustin and Cindy at Clancy's in Blue Springs. I am really happy that didn't turn into a high school reunion like I had thought it might.
  • Sunday we ate lucnh with Jessica, and headed home.
There you have it. A great weekend, with mahy laughs, packed into a few short paragraphs. I always enjoy going home to see my friends and family, yet at the same time I am always glad to leave. I guess to clarify that statement, I am just glad I got out of Missouri for college so I could experience something else rather than the same routine and seeing the same faces everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home