Friday, September 16, 2005

All About Me!

I will take this little bit of time to update you on my life. Get excited. My days have been super hectic as of late with school and job crap, so here we go.
  • This upcoming week is the first week of tests or this semester. I have a test on Monday, and 2 on Tuesday. Not to mention that I have to units due in my online classes that I have not even started yet. I know you are probably saying, "well that is what you get for procrastinating." To that I say, "screw off". If there is ever a timein my life I will procrastinate, it will be dring college. This weekend, and this week will be no bueno.
  • I have been living in Norman, Ok since June and couldn't find a job, yet in one weeks time I find two! I know, I don't get it. Well actually I do get it. For some reason in a COLLEGE town, each business finds it neccessary for employees to work 40 hour a week shifts. Does that sound a little odd to you too? It would seem to be a little more logical for these fine establishments to offer two split shifts so they could tap into the infinite pool of labor offered by the University of Oklahoma. But yeah, whatever.
  • The first job I got, I think I will really benefit from. I will be working for Primerica, a division of Citigroup (which for those of you non-business majors, is THE largest company in the world). I, yes Ryan Patrick Starks, will be a financial advisor. The man who likes to spend his money on good nights out, and poker, will be giving honest, hard working, American citizens advice on how to better spend and invest their money. It will be fantastic. I actually have to get two seperate licenses from the state to be able to do this. So, I figure if the position doesn't work out, it will still be a good thing; saying I worked for this company will look good on a resume, as will having these licenses. The only downfall is that it is strictly commission based - but the commission is really good.
  • The other fantastic job I recieved is at.....Bath and Body Works. This will be another great job. Here, I will only be a meeger stockperson, but the hours are good (about 15 a week), and it will be pretty easy. I must point out though, that this position comes with unfortunate timing. As my wise stepfather Bob pointed out, there will be many attractive young females parrusing the stores supply of beauty products. Now, in my younger, more single days, this would have been somewhat similar to a Lion coming upon a whole flock of wounded gazelles. I learned how to give a hand massage with this special creme today, that would knock the ladies out. I will, however, remain professional and stick to my stocking duties.
  • I FINALLY got all the insurance stuff completed from my surgery last August - and when I say last August, I mean '04, not '05. This is a very sore subject for me, and if I keep talking about it I will become very heated and have to ramble on and on about how freaking stupid insurance companies are. But I will stop whilst I am ahead.
  • Sunday night is pretty much the highlight of the Chiefs season. I would say that is normally the playoffs, but they either don't make it to the playoffs, or choke in the first round. What might this special occassion be you ask? CHIEFS vs. RAIDERS. For anyone who knows anything about the Chiefs I need not say more; and for the rest of you....well, I just don't want to talk to you. Go Chiefs.
So, that's it. That has been my life for the past week. Studying, job hunting, and dealing with insurance. After Thursday of this week I will most likely be rewarding myself heavily for a job well done on my exams - hopefully. And if things aren't so, "well done", then I will just have to drown out my sorrows.

3 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Zach said...

TCU beat UTah. Im so confused about are season. Its emotional roller coaster. I dont remeber anything after the first half though, I woke up this morning and had to look the score up online, you should of been there. But ive noticed every time me jeff and joey attend the game and drink we win. Also if i dont shave that day either also lucky. Glad to hear the job market is lookin good for you.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Mom said...

I guess you are real busy with two jobs and school. I miss your Tuesday postings re: rants and raves. Take care of yourself. Good luck!!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.365dayz.comOpen365dayz.com is now open. Click http://www.365dayz.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home