Monday, September 26, 2005

Alright Already

It has recently come to my attention that a few select individuals rely on my blog postings as a source of everyday survival; for that I apologize for not posting in over a week.

I recently switched my Facebook profile from TCU to OU. In the process, I did some updating to my profile that hasn't been done in quite some time. While I was doing this, I started to think about the Facebook, and what exactly its purpose is. Is their any real functionality to the Facebook?

Now, I don't automaitcally want people to think that I don't like the facebook. That is not the case. I don't particularly go out of my way every day to look at it, once or twice a week is fine with me, but it is kind of nice to look up how some friends are doing a few states away at their various institutions of higher learning.

I guess the one thing I really have the most questions about are the "groups" you can join on the Facebook. This was brought to my attention as I was searching for some noteworthy OU Facebook groups of my own to join - which I must say are nothing of the caliber of the TCU clubs. :) According to the Merriam Webster dictionary, a group is defined as, "a number of individuals assembled together or having some unifying relationship". Has anyone ever held an assemblage for their Facebook group? I don't mean, "I am in the drinking group, and I happened to see a guy from the club at the bar the other night." Can you imagine the 4661 members of the "I went to public school...bitch" group meeting on the first Wednesday following the second full week of every month? Think about it.

Here's a little random observation for you people with too much time on your hands to think about. I conducted a little scientific experiment today that I found rather fascinating. If I stick a laser pointer in my mouth and shine it upwards, the top half of my vision goes red-tinted in whichever eye is on the side of my head I’m pointing it at. Fascinating. If I use a regular flashlight, both eyes go red, presumably because I’m illuminating them both from the inside.

I think I need to see a map of a human head; I can’t figure out how the light’s getting up there. This experiment, I predict, will someday lead to the cure for cancer.

5 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

If anything that sounds like it would cause cancer!

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Jeff said...

Why in the name of all things pure and/or holy, are you not majoring in a medical field?!?!?!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Alison said...

YES YOU FINALLY BLOGGED!!! my life is complete now, i was worried for awhile that the end was coming. whenever i come up for fall break we will have to work on that science experiment...i'm intrigued.

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous mom said...

I agree, I am happy my son blogged. However, this flashlight thing has me confused. I won't ask, just shake my head.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Zach said...

Im buying a laser today! Your a genious. haha Moms arent suppose to understand. She's been trying to figure me out for years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home