Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm Officially an Okie...

...Not sure if that is good or bad. Since I lost my license last week I had to get a new one, and getting one in Oklahoma will also help me get in state tuition for school. Kind of wierd though. My first new license since I was 16. I suppose it isnt all bad. I have gotten a few wierd looks sometimes while trying to purchase alcoholic beverages, and was actually rejected in Texas a few weeks ago since my license didn't scan.

School has been kind of a drag this semester. 18 hours is going to be rough. The crappiest part is my two marketing classes. Don't get me wrong, I like marketing (it is my major), but since my credits didnt transfer I get to hear the same stuff for the second and third time.

I have been playing a lot of poker lately and faring really well. I am consistently winning overall, with a few losses mixed in. It is rather funny how against the good players I make a lot of money, but then there are the shitty players who decide every two cards are worth playing that beat me. But I get even and beat them - in the parking lot and take my money back!

I am still trying to look for a job, and am becoming more and more depressed with the prospect of ever gaining sustainable employment above minimum wage in the state of Oklahoma. Don't get me wrong, I like not having a job, but the money situation has seen better days.

Well, that about catches you up on my life. Isn't it exciting? More to come.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Yeah...or they hire you and really don't need you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home