Sunday, February 12, 2006

This and That

I guess I am kind of glad that football season is over because with all the damn homeowkr I have had lately I wouldnt be able to watch any of it anyway. Seriously, 5 tests and 7 papers in a little over a weeks time is just a little too much. Speaking of tests, my ass is somewhat chapped with one of my professors. His grading is based solely on a curve. i.e. top 15% of class gets an A, next 20% a B, next 30% a C, etc. After the first test I have an 84% in the class, yet my grade is a C! A C!?!?! are you telling me that 35% of the class ahs a better grade than me in a Volcanoes and Earthquakes class? Even if they do, I think it is a little rediculous to drop my grade over 4% just because a few people have a better grade than me. He better realize his mistake or else a volcanoe might erupt near his house.

So, uh, the Winter Olympics are on. Yeah, I guess that's about it for that topic.

I am actually a little depressed looking at the t.v. schedule today since football is over. It is pretty apparant that Sunday television is nothing without the NFL, but I guess I have just really never noticed it. Here is the current lineup I have available to me: the Olympics on 4 channels (about 3 channels to many), some crappy NBA basketball game, NASCAR racing, a lot of paid programming, and pretty much every movie Steven Seagal or Jean Cleade Van Damme ever made. Wow.

I would like to say thank you to Hallmark for needing to boost their card sales so much that they created a whole holiday - Valentines Day. It's not enough that men get to buy their significant other's presents on Christmas, mother's day (if applicable), Birthday, anniversary's of the first date, first kiss, first time you held hands, first time you ever spoke, etc., and pretty much every friday night. But oh no, Hallmark needed a little more cash flow, so they made up Valentine's Day. Thanks.

I am saddened by the news that Quinn Snyder is no longer the MU basketball coach. I always liked him, but think his tenure was always made much more difficult by semi-stars thinking they need to go to the NBA after 2 years of college, a scandal from an ex-player/druggy/ex-con, and a pretty tough conference to play in. Sucks to see him go, but I am sure he will land somewhere and make a difference. Plus, he pretty much has the coolest hair ever.

I would like to end by highly reccomeding you see the movie Waiting. I saw it in the theater, and rented it again when it came out. Anything with Ryan Reynolds is hilarous, but this movie is really something else. The whole cast just works together well, and there are laughs throughout. Good stuff.

Alright kids, time to go to a group meeting. Yeah, those blow.

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous zach said...

Waiting is badass. I also recommend waiting!

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Alison said...

I totally saw that movie with you...remember that girl we saw afterwards wearing the wings? weird...

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous jeff said...

2 things.
1. I am also 100% saddened by the lack of tv choices as of this last sunday. Choosing between rednecks chasing each other in cars (which is comical I guess), europeans chasing each other on skis (also comical), or the pacers, heat, pistons, or any other boring NBA team is just unacceptable.
2. I thoroughly enjoy your resuscitation of Mr. John Thompson's Business Marketing class regarding the addition of holidays by Hallmark. (P.S., I am taking both B2B and Marketing Planning with Thompson this semester. I feel your schoolwork pain)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home