Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Group Projects

I would like to take a moment out of my busy schedule to profess my undying love for group projects. It is the inevitable part of every college semester - the last two weeks. The last week is set aside for finals, which in themselves suck very very very much, but the week before finals is what really chaps me in a place i don't like to be chapped. The week before finals is the part of every semester where in all of my business classes i have a group project due.

Trying to coordinate schedules with group members, trying to seperate the different part of the project, trying not to gouge the eyes out of your idiotic group members are all part of the struggles of the group project. Honestly, if I had my way I would rather just do the whole dang thing myself.

The part that really gets me is when a teacher tells me this is what it is going to be like in the real world when you have a group thing to do at work. Huh? To my understanding most of the time in the real world, most of the people you are going to be working with will actually want to be there, and if they are good enough employees to be put on some sort of big project for the company will have a desire to be on that project.

I guess the first sentence of this blog should be rewritten to read - I freakin hate group projects (to put it lightly).

Off to a group meeting. If you see me on the evening news, it is probably because I strangled a group member of mine and I am now a wanted man.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Alison said...

i definitely know how you feel, i hate those damn things. if you need a place to hide-out you can stay at my house!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Change your major to something scientific.... very little group projects. :) I think I've had like one because of a science class...anything else would've been from my Spanish classes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home