Saturday, June 24, 2006

I paid $25 to get my butt kicked...


...but I did get a brand new T-Shirt! I decided to go run my first 5k (3.1 miles) road race in about 3 years today. I had forgot that there is a difference between losing weight and actually getting in shape. It wasn't as bad as the picture may suggest...although a 10 yr old really did beat me (seriously, this kid is some sort of freak of nature), and I had to pass the mom with the stroller just before the finish line so as to not lose to her.

I guess for not having run in a competition in 3 years I am really not that dissatisfied with my performance. Yes, there is room for a lot of improvement, but I know what I need to improve on so that makes it a little easier. I am going to try and start running at least one 5k a month. It was fun, I got to work on my tan, I got a break from my finance homework, and my $25 went to a good cause. Not bad.

Next time little Joey will not beat me. He can't run a race with a broken leg!

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I like the humpback guy.... and it was not merely a few inches, it was like 6- a few is 3!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Alison said...

haha you got beat by a little kid! but you still have my picture so i still love you!

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous zach said...

"I had to pass the mom with the stroller just before the finish line so as to not lose to her". HAHA that made my night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home