Thursday, August 31, 2006

What is the Business World Coming To?

As I was parusing the Forbes Magazine online articles, I stumbled across something very interesting. Apparantly Radio Shack decided to take mass-layoffs to a new level. Instead of telling each employee individually they sent out one email to 400 employee's of the company's Fort Worth headquarters saying, "The work force reduction notification is currently in progress. Unfortunately, your position is one that has been eliminated."

Seriously, you simultaneously fired 400 people? Honestly, if I would have got an email telling me I was fired I would take my computer screen, walk into my weenie boss' office, crawl on top of his desk while he is still sitting at it, and then proceed with dropping the screen on his head - numerous times.

But hey, at least they were nice enough to fill up the break room with free boxes for all the employees to use to pack up.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Ali said...

this has nothing to do with your blog, but i thought you mind find it ironic that Steve Irwin (the crocodile hunter) was just killed by a stingray...yeah, out of everything he does a stingray gets him. poor steve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home