Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Random Things

  • At the University of Northern Colorado the backup punter has been accused of stabbing the first string punter in the leg - even better, it was his kicking leg! It probably sounded like a sure fire way to get to be the starter at the time, but it backfired. He was arrested, suspended from the school and team, and kicked out of his dorm room.
  • I read a real good book by Steve Berry over the past three days called, "The Third Secret". It was very interesting in the plot, and how it unfolded. It was basically about a peasent who saw an abirration of the Virgin Mary and she told the peasent girl all sorts of things that God actually condoned that had been strictly forbidden by the Roman Catholic Church: gay marriage was ok, birth control was ok, women in the priesthood was ok, etc. Of course there was a massive cover-up, but one who wanted to let the world know, etc, etc. Very interesting and a fast read - I finished in a little over two days. Check it out.
  • Great weekend of college football ahead - 7 games with ranked teams playing each other. I'm obviously rooting for TCU and OU in their respective games, and I just want the other ones to be good nail biters.
  • I gave in and bought a coffee maker today. I don't particularly like coffee that much, but I really need a pick-me-up in the morning sometimes. I hope this does the trick.
  • This semester is going to be more involved than I thought - not necessarily hard, but a lot of work to be done.
  • I have a job interview tomorrow for a part-time job. Not the best thing in the world, but it will give me a chance to save a little money. I hate being poor.
  • I've really been into this show called MythBusters lately on the discovery channel. I'm watching it right now actually.
  • Not much else...been leading somewhat of a boring life lately. Oh well.

3 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Mom. said...

This is random but I guess you heard about Pluto difinitely being a number now and no longer a planet? What is this world coming to?

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous zach said...

I'm going to continue to keep pluto on my list of planets.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous ali said...

me as well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home